Friday, March 15, 2013

Walking through the past

Coming back from St. Andrew's Abbey, I found myself back in an area I haven't been in nearly  30 years - sunny Newhall, California. The place has changed much, but the far end of Lyons Ave is looking the same. I remember the yellow building where a toy shop used to be on the upper floor. Del Taco is still there, and I was surprisingly comforted by that. The old movie theater is long gone.
But the Way Station Coffee Shop is still there!

Lost in time. Hasn't changed one bit. Had ham n eggs and a pile of their famous hashbrowns, with onions chopped up in it. I should have asked for some American cheese melted on top...
   Friends and I would stop over here for that perfect Sunday morning hangover breakfast. Worked like a charm.
   I haven't had straight coffee shop fare in awhile, and it was pleasant. The place wasn't too crowded, but there was a steady flow of people. Great breakfast, and I headed back onto the rode, down the 5 to the 405 to the 118 and home.



No comments:

Post a Comment